Tuesday, June 12, 2012

all moved in

Two weeks after closing and we've finally gotten everything moved! What a crazy, chaotic, stressful time that was! Good thing this is the last time we'll have to experience it. I think I'd almost rather move cross country than do a local move again! We've painted the front living room and hallway, yes, RH had already painted them, but I'm a colorful person and Ryan White just wasn't going to cut if for me! I'll post pictures as soon as I have the boxes unpacked and moved out of the way, but it's a color from Valspar (at Lowe's) called Opera Glasses and it turned out fantastic! It's a medium gray and we plan to use it for the entire first floor except the morning room which will be one shade darker called Bell Tower Stone. 

Phone and internet are installed and DirecTV came today. The neighbors have been very friendly, with several coming by to welcome us and to introduce themselves. We haven't had weather for a pool day yet and we've got so much work to do inside I may feel guilty for taking time off to enjoy a nice day if we get one. The bright side of that is our sod is really taking off and we haven't had to do much watering at all!!! 

Back to work for now, but hopefully after this weekend we'll have things unpacked enough for me to be able to post pictures without being terribly embarrassed about my lack of organization or housekeeping skills ;)

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait for the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting everything moved! We are still in the process. All furniture and necessities have moved, but there's still quite a bit to get out of the old house. Can't wait to see pictures when you're ready :)

    ReplyDelete